Lil B here. It's not such a sunny day down in my lethal legal sphere where daggers are hidden, looks are deceiving, words are bent to the untruth, and expressions can hardly be deciphered. You think your life is a funfair circus? Wait till you shake a hand with invisible needles, brittle piecemeal alliances, and unrepentant bitchings which threaten to ruin the one's reputation.

Friday, August 8, 2008

Enough of Europe, Thank You.

I'm finally back from the European tour.

You have no idea how I went absurdly exhilarated I was when I saw the white cliffs of Dover.

After 24 days, I think I have quite enough of Europe.

I'll tell you why.

1. The weather is crazy.

From Amsterdam until Austria, the weather was quite fine with the cool breeze blowing every now and then with occasional drizzles. After Austria, MY GOSH!!!! I am practically FRIED now. Super tanned and I seriously could not withstand the sun. It's at least 35 degrees and it goes right up to 38. And the UV seriously scorches the skin. We shade ourselves with the umbrella which supposingly has UV protection and we were being mocked at. In Venice, this Italian dude shouted at us from afar, stood right in front of us and blessed us with his abundant saliva, shouting at the top of his voice and verbally abusing and ridiculing us in public. Stupid ass. Wanted to show him the cornutto sign.

The cornutto sign is a sign language used in Italy and Spain which is basically the sticking out of the 2nd and the 5th finger. It's an insult to the guys, telling them that their partners are cheating on them because they are bad lovers. That dude who verbally abused us certainly was one. Retard.

The worst is in Italy and Barcelona. It was such a pity that we didn't quite get to explore Rome because it was just simply too hot to walk at all. We just wanted to stand under the cooling shade of the trees and rot there. In Barcelona, it was just insane. It was so hot that when I open the curtains of the hotel room and when the sun streams through and hits my pants; in the instant of 10 seconds it feels like I am wearing a just-ironed pants. And, we dried all our laundries in 3 hours by just hanging it in on the curtain railing.

2. It's a duck and chicken scenario.

Most of the people in that continent speak very little English. Only in commercial areas do they speak and understand quite good English. Other than that, I used sign language and broken French/German/Italian/Spanish. And I only know a couple of words. Half of the time, I understand them by guessing.

3. The food is extremely horrible.

Every morning, this is all we get for breakfast. Bread. Butter. Cornflakes. Raw, cold ham and cheese. Coffee or tea. If we're lucky, there will be scrambled eggs, bacon, baked beans and a mixture of KokoKrunch, Oats and yoghurt. IF, we are lucky. I am so sick of bread, I will never ever step into a bakery or a pizza station for the next 3 years.

The coffee gets more and more diluted as we travel further south.

The Italian food?? Blargh. They're disgusting. The ones in Malaysia, Singapore and London have been greatly improvised. They always have 3 courses. Antipasti, Primo Piatti and Secondi Piatti. Antipasti is a starter, which is usually spaghetti with plain tomato sauce [which they call promodoro]. Primo Piatti is like our western food; grilled meat with potatoes and some vegetables minus any gravy for the grilled meat. The meat tastes plain and boring. I have to constantly do a mini cooking at the dinner table everyday, adding salt and pepper to my food. Secondi Piatti is something with rice and blah-dee-dah. Even typing about it turns my appetite off. I think it's tasteless and super fattening.

The good thing about Europe??

ZARA. ZARA. ZARA. ZARA. ZARA.

Seriously. It's super cheap. And the designs are super nice. I think our luggages might be overly overweight.

Let's talk about the guys. [Ignore the blonde moment]
Amsterdam - Tall and some are totally hot.
Germany - Tall and lean [but their muka is as plain as their bangunan - square and boring]
Switzerland - Tall and not bad
Austria - Tall with a hot ass [according to my sis]
Italy - Rarely see a tall one and not exactly romantic.
Spain - Good looking but some are short
France - Thin [but not kayu] with long legs

But they are all better looking than most of the Londoners.

The funniest of occasions:

1. 7 people got stucked in the lift. You can see 1 foot of their legs from the ground floor. They were stucked for an hour. It's in Lourdes btw.

2. This Spaniard receptionist who can't stop winking at my mom. Er, dude, my mom's not as young as she looks.

I have been really out of touch with a lot of you people. It's really great catching up with all of your blogs. Can't wait to see all of you and hear from you again from back home.

Happy belated birthday, Sharon!!

I'll blog again. Seriously need rest after all the ridiculous 6 am wake-up calls.

No comments: