Lil B here. It's not such a sunny day down in my lethal legal sphere where daggers are hidden, looks are deceiving, words are bent to the untruth, and expressions can hardly be deciphered. You think your life is a funfair circus? Wait till you shake a hand with invisible needles, brittle piecemeal alliances, and unrepentant bitchings which threaten to ruin the one's reputation.

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Cold!

Let's talk about England's most popular topic of conversation.

The weather. Because it is very erratic and changes in split seconds. And so, it gives the people a lot to talk about everytime the weather changes.

It was freezing cold yesterday night and this morning!!!

I had to use 2 blankets and wrap myself up like I'm in a cocoon.

So-called summer. It's windy and cold and wet over here!!!

We didn't do much today. We stayed in, slept in and watched the Olympics!

In the evening, I got bored and went downstairs for a drink. And I found my sister's housemate exhausted on the couch.

I came up with this idea. Go for a buffet!!!

Sister's housemate jumped with energy in lightning speed and she was instantly animated. Hehe. The power of Food and what it does to people!!! It brings absolute motivation and hope in life!!!

And so, we went for a Sushi buffet at Hi! Sushi at Camden Town, near Camden Lock where they sell lots of goth's stuff.

It's my first time eating Japanese food after the horrible experience on Japan Airlines. I'll never forget that foul sour-tasting so-called Western Food that we were served. I had to live on eating the Japanese peanuts while on the plane for 18 hours to San Francisco.

And surprisingly, the salmon sashimi tasted good!!! So much better than the one I had in Dynasty hotel. The salmon was really really fresh and you can really taste the salmony taste of salmon. Eh heh. I don't make sense.

The buffet was good. I'm quite a sushi convert now. Let's hope that the sushi back at Malaysia tastes as good as the one over here.

I love the sashimi, this sweet-tasting tofu wrap with sweet sticky rice inside. And the scallop!! Raw scallop which was absolutely tasty!!! Their "satay" tasted good too. But the chicken fat spoiled it. The squid was awesome as well. The beef was tough. The prawns tempura was disgusting. All flour and nothing else!!!

We ordered 3 plates of sashimi. Yes, we were all crazy. The sashimi tastes extremely good if dipped in soy sauced mixed with wasabi. For the last order, my crazy, greedy sister asked for 6 portions. And the waitress mistakened it for 6 person's portion. And came with a HUGE plate with 18 slices of salmon.

We all ate until our eyeballs threatened to roll upwards due to overeating. And we were all BLOATED!!!

I learnt one thing. Never attempt to eat Japanese food fast or you'll be in trouble for wanting to puke. Japanese food is meant to be slowly savoured.

I love the setting of the restaurant. They have this hole in the ground which makes it look as if we're sitting on the floor, when we are actually sitting as if we're sitting on the chair. They had nice leather cushions to cushion our asses. Very comfortable.

But when we got out of the restaurant, it was FREEZING COLD!!! My entire skeletal structure was trembling from the cold. And I was wearing turtle neck. For the first time without being censured. Eh heh.

And we took a slow walk all the way home. Actually, I trembled and my teeth chattered all the way home.

And we all just dropped and slept. We reached home at 11.30 pm btw. We were in the restaurant until about 10.45 pm. The waitress practically had to chase us out. Hehehe.

Cold weather + cold food makes it a memorable day.

No comments: