Lil B here. It's not such a sunny day down in my lethal legal sphere where daggers are hidden, looks are deceiving, words are bent to the untruth, and expressions can hardly be deciphered. You think your life is a funfair circus? Wait till you shake a hand with invisible needles, brittle piecemeal alliances, and unrepentant bitchings which threaten to ruin the one's reputation.

Monday, August 18, 2008

Electrifying Dim Sum

I shall leave the blog looking pimped. Because a change is good.

I am now craving for sushi. Can you believe it?? Don't tell my sister that or she'll be mightily pleased with herself for converting me.

I am also craving for Spaghetti Scoglio from Spaghetti House.

And do you know what's the best part??

I've put on 3 kgs. Which is really bad!!! Thanks to the constant pigging out.

Today is no exception.

We decided to go for this Dim Sum since we accidentally found out that this place in Haymarket has a Dim Sum buffet.

And so we went for it today. It's at Electric Bird Cage.

I thought I liked the setting of the place. I was really blur. I only saw the bar which is rather unique with its half teak and half glass design.

So we went in and sat down. And when the waitress came only did I realise my surroundings.

The waitress was wearing this super short flare dress which looks almost like a swimsuit if not for the skirt. She might as well not wear anything at all.

And I looked behind my sister's face.

The ceiling was a very nice plaster ceiling with all the decorations and all. But the abominable thing is that it is painted in fuchsia.

And then I realised the tables are in turqoise colour. The walls are also turqoise.

And the sofa that I am sitting on can act as a mini sofa bed with all the bolster pillows behind. It's quite convenient to lean over and lie down.

OMG, it was like a brothel. Especially with the lighting which is like some curvy thingy.
[Edit : I just realised, it looks like the colours on my blog now. Oh well.]

And we ordered Classic Cosmopolitan. It's a cocktail btw. I am underaged and so my sis ordered lemonade for me. But the nice waitress said that she'll split the cocktail into two since it's quite a big glass. So, we both had cocktails for the price of one. And I'm not complaining. In fact, I am very happy!!!

No, I wasn't drunk after the drink. Because the alcohol content wasn't that high after all and I thought my own concoction for a cocktail tastes better. I had Baileys, Triple Sac and Apple & Elderflower. Or my sister's concoction of Cranberry juice, Vodka, Triple Sac and Lime. It's really easy to make a cocktail. Just mix whatever you want. And my concoction had more kick than the one they gave us. The bartender probably did it on purpose because he didn't want two drunk chics walking out of the bar & restaurant and get stopped by a boobie [that's what the policemen are called]; ending with him going to jail because he gave an underage a cocktail.

Despite of the setting, the Dim Sum was good!! So much better than the ones we have at home.

My sister and I found the setting rather funny though. Fancy the two of us sitting in such a restaurant and having a buffet dim sum. Imagine how my mom will react if she were to find out.

Oh, and we were the only girls besides that one waitress in the entire place. And it's a club during the night btw.

If parents were to think that the clubs back in KL are bad, well, think again. If one were to compare KL and London, the clubs in KL can only be compared to some scandalous high school gathering. It is seriously Wild over here.

Not to mention, there is a chance of meeting really weird people here.

On Saturday, after our walk at South Kensington; we reached our bus station pretty late. And this dude appeared out of thin air and kicked the rubbish behind us.

"Sorry, girls."

I briefly nodded out of courtesy.

"Don't be afraid of me."

We continued walking without really looking at him.

"Do you know where I can find back up??"

My sister, who was slightly ahead of me, turned around and I stopped.

That guy was a highschooler who is drunk, with soggy hair plastered on his head.

He thought we were some Mafia's daughter or we're in some Chinese society of gangsters.

Gosh, dude!!! We look more like nuns rather than a Mafia's daughter!!! We figured that he probably got into a fight in a bar and wants to find a back up to fight back.

Men and their ego. Ok, certain men.

Anyway, we decided to go for coffee at Covent Garden after Dim Sum and some shopping. So from Regent Street, we cut through Soho towards Covent.

Before this, we walked through the streets of Soho and I thought that it was quite an innocent place. All we saw were restaurants and bars with some scantily dressed people walking about.

This time, we walked through the REAL Soho street. We had to do a speed walk through a maze of half-dazed people whose eyes are clouded with lust. Well, we did it again. In Amsterdam, we went to the wrong flower market with the smell of heroin and marijuana rather than the famed floating flower market which sells tulip bulbs.

And we had our coffee at last at Covent Garden. The last time we went, we saw some tame drunk people singing about there.

I love Dark Mocha Frapuccino. It is simply awesome. Sister went for Venti Espresso. Oh, and the price difference from Tall to Grande to Venti is only 20p from each upgrade.

I absolutely love Zara and Hawes & Curtis over here.

The sales are ending soon. Sigh. And so is my stay at London.

I shall be flying home next Monday.

No comments: