Lil B here. It's not such a sunny day down in my lethal legal sphere where daggers are hidden, looks are deceiving, words are bent to the untruth, and expressions can hardly be deciphered. You think your life is a funfair circus? Wait till you shake a hand with invisible needles, brittle piecemeal alliances, and unrepentant bitchings which threaten to ruin the one's reputation.

Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Useless Lump of Mobile Clay??

I feel so worthless and useless sometimes.

While others are really hardworking and memorising and slaving away with their books, I am taking my own sweet time to read stuff, chill out, watch telly, sleep, bum around and later do last minute cramming.

I am wasting my brains, talents and capabilities. Wasting my time. Wasting all of my effort in the entire 1 1/2 years of college in getting a good foundation of my studies. Wasting my parents' money. Wasting the lecturers' time. Wasting the examiner's time marking. Wasting a spot in Taylors.

So what if I can absorb and understand things really fast?? And be really argumentative and analytical??

I did not study as hard as I should have for the Finals. I did everything last minute.

12 hours of study for Contract
4 hours for Literature Paper 3
14 hours for Tort
8 hours for Economics

Question: Can I make it through this Final Examination??

I know I have so much more capacity to excel. If only I have pumped in more effort and discipline. Had I done it, I would have soared.

Although I answered everything that I wanted, everything that was relevant, and everything that was sufficient for an A; yet it was still not my best although I covered all relevant problem areas.

I know I had the capacity to be able to memorise the entire two Law textbooks if I could have made myself sit and study. And I would be able to pour everything out in the exam hall in a jiffy along with concrete arguments.

I did produce good arguments [according to me]; yet there is this nagging feeling that it was not good enough. It was not perfect enough.

I knew that I would have been able to nail Economics straightaway if I had studied throughout the weekend rather than go shopping. I would not have to rush for the last essay.

The funny thing is. There is this certain calmness, peace and non-weary feeling in me. It is a good thing, but it unnerves me at times.

Am I so numb towards studying and life or is it because I actually did do well for my Finals??

I know that all of my answers are relevant and quite thorough.

But is this enough??

Will I get straight A's and get an offer from NUS??

I cannot predict the future. But I can only place my hope, faith and trust in God that everything will unfold by itself graciously and turn into a blessing.

I hardly studied for UPSR, PMR and SPM. And yet, I excelled.

Dear God, let me excel just this once more. You are my last hope. And I can only place my trust in You.

What happened to the old me who used to be really driven to study?? Who could sit for 3 whole weeks before the examination just to study?? I was a total bitch at that time.

Has becoming a better person in nature dampened my drive to study??

Have I settled down to such complacent comfort that I have come down to this?

I need answers. Am I being a total over-driving perfectionist who is too hard on herself??

No comments: