Lil B here. It's not such a sunny day down in my lethal legal sphere where daggers are hidden, looks are deceiving, words are bent to the untruth, and expressions can hardly be deciphered. You think your life is a funfair circus? Wait till you shake a hand with invisible needles, brittle piecemeal alliances, and unrepentant bitchings which threaten to ruin the one's reputation.

Friday, June 20, 2008

Domesticated Goddess who is Not Very Happy

Ok, so for the past 3 days I have been a Cinderella in my own home.

It is not fun I tell you.

Because you do not have a kind-hearted and obliging Cinderella with big dreams, but one Bad-Tempered Debble, The Cinderella; whose temper is practically covered with smoldering cinders.

And Dad, No house is EVER manageable WITHOUT the need of a maid.

My entire 3 days is practically spent in the kitchen, starting the stupid stove which just won't start every now and then, chopping, washing, rinsing, and more washing every day.

Hence, I have boiled 2 pots [and I really mean HUGE POTS] of barley which can last us for... a week?? There are only the 3 of us at home. But no, we have to finish a pot in 2 days.

And I have to rinse, boil, heat, re-heat and put it in some place where the despicably irritating ants cannot reach even if they can swim.

So, I learnt how to boil barley. Which is a good thing but not if you have to do it EVERYDAY. And when you are practically demanded and ordered around like a waitress [and I am unpaid] fetching cups and bowls of barley up and down the house every now and then.

And, I had to cook dinner for 2 days. Cooking isn't bad. But it is the chopping and the cracking of the head on what to cook and the preparation that gets your blood boiling that the vegetables can cook in your hands.

My estimation is kinda bad. My dad said that my serving is American serving; which means a bowl for two. Well, Dad, at least you don't have to start grumbling about how the hawker people cut-short customers in their ingredients.

Mine can fill your stomach's content until it S-T-R-E-T-C-H-E-S.

I decided to cook spaghetti on day 1 only to find that both freezers do not have a single drop of spaghetti sauce left. I am left with a 3/4 bottle of Maggi tomato sauce and a 1/3 bottle of Maggi chili sauce. The tom yam paste is as good as finished. Not forgetting that we have ran out of cheese.

And I cracked my own spaghetti sauce out of two Maggi bottles, with lotsa button mushrooms [normal mushrooms have ran out as well], onions, garlics, ginger,some carrot and celery. Oh, and beef too. Nope, there was no green pepper, olive oil, thymes or basil. So, the sauce is not very fragrant unfortunately. Nope, the garlic smell didn't overrule the sauce smell either.

I will say that the sauce is a little too tomato-ey for my liking. But the tomato-loving Dad loved the spaghetti. I think it's probably the awesome spaghetti that I am pro in cooking. Yes, when we cook, my sis cooks the sauce when there is the ready-made spaghetti sauce and I cook the spaghetti [I mean the noodles].

And... ehheh... I managed to make the sauce taste almost like the spaghetti sauce and not like the ketchup bottle sauce. Thanks to the two spoons of kicap [from marinating the beef] and the HUGE pinch of salt that I added.

Oh, and mind I tell you that cincang-ing the beef meat is not at all easy?? I tell you, sometimes, I just feel like picking that slab of meet and smashing it against the window. Oh, and we do not have any butcher's knife. The big one?? Uh uh.

My parents say that we do not have a use for it.

Well, I do now. To chop up that bloody slab of meat!!!

And if I don't cincang that slab of leather, we'll be tearing our poor teeth out of our gums in trying to chew that piece of leather. That cow of a butcher cheated my mom.

Oh, by the way, I had to cincang beef for two days. Because on the 2nd day of cooking adventure, no, the refrigerator was NOT restocked. All I had was a drawer FULL of vegetables and 2 more slabs of beef.

So, the 2nd day, I decided to cook beef noodle. Ok, it ended up as beef noodles. I wanted to just cook the Korean Ramee with lotsa ingredients but it ended up tasting as beef noodles.

Heheh. Because I followed my stomach.

Debble LOVES carrot soup with onions.

And so, Debble cried furiously while chopping the onions and got bored chopping the endless amounts of carrots. Not forgetting the impossible skinning of the ginger.

And I boiled those 3 things!!! Boiled and boiled and boiled until the cute little pot gave two hoots of steam shooting out of its "nostrils" while Debble's own nostrils were flaring while chopping up the remaining vegetables and beef.

And I dumped everything in after that. The Ramen, its ingredients and whatever vegetables I managed to chop up. And voila!! Beef noodles!!! [Me LOVED the soup!!!]

Yes, I am quite pleased with the beef noodles.

Thank God my aunt came to the rescue today by bringing a HUGE pot of fish porridge [which I ended up stomaching most of its contents]. Hence, I am ALLERGIC to fish porridge now. Just finished the last bowl while I am typing this post.

I tell you, my mom is NOT an easy patient at all. Dad was easier. Because all he had to do is gurgle his mouth with salt water and stuff two rolled-up tissues up his nostrils.

Mom on the other hand is complaining of her temperature, the headache, the nausea and the lack of energy to walk.

Haiyorr... gave her all the remedies from the experience that I had not so long ago but she just wouldn't take it. She didn't eat for the whole day during the 1st day and almost nothing as well during the next day. She only drank, ate and vomited barley.

Thank goodness she has stopped vomiting or I'll hang up all cooking utensils and go on a strike.

To all patients out there, you should be VERY THANKFUL that my ambition is not to be a nurse.

Because, I will not only be a spanking nurse, but an ill-tempered spanking nurse who will make dirty old men cry and be forever faithful to their wives while paedophiles will instantly get rehabilitation and beg for mercy. Probably get religious too.

Oh, not missing out the sweeping, the mopping and the laundry to be done.

I practically didn't sit at all for the entire day except when I go to the loo or whatever short time I had for meals.

Yup, what a lucrative way of spending my time after being free from A Levels.

p/s: The above drama has been dramatised with a slab of anger just for laughs. Nope, I wasn't angry but I was only glad to help and that I am not sick as well so that I can take care of my parents. Aww, sweet, but I really have to because we're flying off next Wednesday. Ok, not only because of that but because I love my mommy a lot!!! Well, my mom was really thankful and kept on chanting the phrase "Thank God I gave birth to daughters instead of sons".

Ok, the picture of the 2 meals that I managed to set up.



The Spaghetti

















The Beef Noodles

2 comments:

kaiza shozey said...

well, it was fun to read. hehehe. plus they look really delicious i must say.

debbleureaux said...

Thanks!! It's my very first time cooking anyway.