Lil B here. It's not such a sunny day down in my lethal legal sphere where daggers are hidden, looks are deceiving, words are bent to the untruth, and expressions can hardly be deciphered. You think your life is a funfair circus? Wait till you shake a hand with invisible needles, brittle piecemeal alliances, and unrepentant bitchings which threaten to ruin the one's reputation.

Saturday, June 7, 2008

The Truth

Alright. Let me tell you the truth.

The truth is, once upon a time, I used to speak perfect Mandarin.

But somehow, life has led me to hate the obstinate Chinese traditions.

Hence, I tried erasing all traditional elements in me.

I eventually succeeded. I can't even order chinese tea in mandarin now.

Call me a traitor, someone who forgets one's origins, but you cannot blame me.

Because traditional Chinese ways has led my life into a total mess.

With all the stupid protocols and proceedings. Some of them are absolutely not needed in this modern setting. Like the importance of having a son in the family. Ah, Fuck Off!!

My life is a complete shitty experience.

I hate attending, being there for weddings and funerals, especially from my dad's side because they are totally traditional.

Because there will be a scene, an embedded bad memory and a scar in the soul every time I attend these stupid ceremonies.

I hate looking forward to Chinese auspicious days, I hate following the superstitions and I hate being censured for being different.

And I absolutely hate how some traditional Chinese people behave.

And the one thing that I ultimately hate the most.

My Chinese Name.

If you were to know what I go through with all these stupid traditional chinese ways, you will not blame me for behaving like this and you will join me.

I may be trying to erase my identity. But what I really want is a change, a leap away from the ordinary traditional ways.

Yes, I am very rebellious.

And yes, I am extremely emo lately.

No comments: