Lil B here. It's not such a sunny day down in my lethal legal sphere where daggers are hidden, looks are deceiving, words are bent to the untruth, and expressions can hardly be deciphered. You think your life is a funfair circus? Wait till you shake a hand with invisible needles, brittle piecemeal alliances, and unrepentant bitchings which threaten to ruin the one's reputation.

Sunday, December 9, 2007

Blues and Dances

Christmas is just around a corner.

Since Christmas is about hope and joy, it should be celebrated with dancing.

Yes. You shall dance along with me to this piece.



Actually, Gershwin's Rhapsody in Blue has been playing in my head the whole day but I shall not tag it in this post because I know most of you will fall asleep. The beginning is a little slow, but I love the music towards the end. And, it's a 12 minutes orchestra piece.

I know you're wondering why this post is entitled Blues and Dances. Nope. It's not just about Autumn Crocus and a dance for Christmas.

Let me tell you why.

I watched Stardust yesterday night until almost 1 am. That movie is just so awesome. I love Tristan's [Charlie Cox] hair when it was long!!! It was totally hawt.

That's not the point. Because of that movie, I woke up really groggily this morning. Worst still with my mom coughing so loudly for such a long time. I keep on telling her not to cough so hard but my mom being my mom, she's just delusional. Her excuse is that it's reflex that she has to cough and the phlegm needs to get out.

The fact is, if she continues coughing this way, she might be in danger of losing her voice completely before the 16th when we're going to have a Christmas party. No, I don't want to be the only one who can actually sing the Christmas carols. I don't wanna song lead. It's just not right; leading a whole pack of old farts who can't sing for crap or follow to a rhythm accurately and consistently. This is one of the reasons for me to feel blue. [Blue as in the feeling that you get when you're in a bad situation]

My mom made me walk to the coffee shop to look for one of the ladies to get some dvds from her. When I walked into the coffee shop, ALL eyes were on me. Thanks to my very BRIGHT floral dress and the fact that I was tall. =D [The lady is Jed's mom by the way] And that auntie actually commented that I looked really good!! Tee hee!!! I almost felt like kicking up my heels and dance along the streets. Nevermind.

Church today was fine!! I sat beside a Korean girl, who has a very good voice but her pronunciation is not very good; and beside her is the most beautiful, yet peculiar lady I've ever met.

Her shoes are really sharp and long with full of glitters. Her Bible is pink with pink tabs, a very cute lil sheep as a bookmark, a pink ribbon, and she uses a pink highlighter and pen. She has lots of big-ass gold bracelets. Overall, I will say that she is beautiful. But my mom told me that her husband, who is also very good looking, divorced her. Such a shame. She migrated to Australia and she's back for a holiday I think. It's so nice of her to offer us sweets randomly when I've never spoken to her. Sweet lady. She even shared her Bible with the Korean girl.

You know what I'm not happy about?? I'm wearing heels and the Korean girl is only just slightly shorter than me. And, she was wearing flats. Urgh. [Me am not happy]

I didn't sleep for the first time in a sermon. Today's one was really good. What really caught my attention was how Marilyn Monroe, the lead-singer of ACDC and John Lennon died. Haha. [And I didn't have the temptation to start playing Grand Slam Tennis too!! =D] This, is a good start.

After the entire service was over, as usual, my parents will go round saying hi to almost the whole world and I will have to be the demure daughter [I shall not say little daughter given that I am not physically little.] smiling and greeting every single aunt/uncle. Very tiring indeed. And you know what??

Uncle 1: Hello Wendy!![My mom's name] How are you?? [He shifts his head towards my direction] Oh... your daughter is back from London!!!

Bloody hell. Do the both of us look so closely alike??

Mom: No larr. This one is the younger one.

Uncle 1: Oh... oh... Hello girl.

Uncle 2: Hello!!! [Opens his mouth to the shape of an "O" and stops abruptly.] Oh, your daughter is not back yet, is she? This is the younger one right??

Mom: Yes. This one is the younger one.

Uncle 2: Whoa... they really look alike huh. I almost mistakened her for her sister.

Mom: No larr. They look totally different.

Aunt 1: Hello Wendy!! Do you have a sister working in PJ?? A younger sister?? Aiyorr, I tell you, that lady behaves, talks and looks exactly like you!!

Mom: No. I'm the youngest in the family.

Aunt 1: [Embarassed] Oh, I see I see. Anyway, I gotta move on now. God Bless you.

Me: [Grinning cheekily] Bye Auntie!!!

On the way walking to the car:

Mom: Do the both of you look that alike?

Me: Erm, a lot of people has mistakened us for each other and twins if we're walking together. Even sis' friend said that I behave, sit, eat and drink like her.

Mom: Nolarr. Your sister is so fair, skinny and sweet. You are so rough-looking, big sized and tanned.

Me: PPPPPPFFFFFFFTTTTTTTTTTT....

Now, this really really made my day blue.

So what should the dance be now?? A dance full of angst or still a floaty, dreamy, waltz-y dance??

You know what?? I shall not dance at all but sit on my comfy sofa, pout and watch Stardust again to cheer myself up.

So, Chiao!!

No comments: