Lil B here. It's not such a sunny day down in my lethal legal sphere where daggers are hidden, looks are deceiving, words are bent to the untruth, and expressions can hardly be deciphered. You think your life is a funfair circus? Wait till you shake a hand with invisible needles, brittle piecemeal alliances, and unrepentant bitchings which threaten to ruin the one's reputation.

Tuesday, January 6, 2009

I Walked Home

Well, people usually write about their lovely stories with the inspiration from Mandy Moore's "Walk Me Home" song but unfortunately, mine is I walked Home.

Sounds a bit ciplak (unoriginal) but yeah.

Because, really, I DID walk home.

That's the introduction.

Anyway, it's the sister's birthday today. Since she reads this blog, I am obliged to say:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

That's the little thrill for the sister.

Back to my story.

I ran the last 5 minutes just to catch the train. Only to find that I can't get my mom on the phone at all.

So, I figured that she is in the bank. I called the bank.

Yes, she was there. But the damn consultant doesn't wanna pass me to her.

She gave me the direct line to my mom's consultant.

But no, it wasn't ringing.

It just keeps showing for the life of me, "Network failed."

Bloody hell.

So, I had this brilliant idea. Why don't I go to the Klang station instead of the usual Padang Jawa station, and take a bus to the bank and surprise my mom??

[to the sister, YOU ARE NOT TELLING MOM THIS!! SHE THINKS THAT A FRIEND CHAUFFEURED ME HOME]

So I went to the bus station. Only to find a most havoc place worst than (insert a place) with people shouting on the loud speaker which bus has arrived and so on. It was like some mini pasar malam (night market) with fruit and vegetables sellers shouting for business.

I waited for the never coming bus for Bukit Raja. Finally, I decided to hop on the bus to Padang Jawa and wait obediently at the ktm station to wait for my mom to get me as if I just arrived by train.

To my amazement, the bus stops just right outside the adjacent housing area.

And so, I walked. Yup. Walked. 20 minutes before this to the train station, another 15 to the bus station. And now, 25 minutes to reach home.

Only to find that the mommy wasn't home. So, I squatted like some druggy under the tree for shade.

Then, I heard a lil beep. It was my mom's very cute car honk. Her eyes were bewildered to see me.

And then I started telling a very beautiful story of how such a great friend drop me home because she was on the way to pick her brother up from a nearby school.

I got away. Tee hee.

Just needed a lil bit of exploring rather than being cooped by the same old boring routine of waiting and fuming at the train station for my mom to pick up the phone and pick me up.

You know what? The new year is not settling/growing on me. It just doesn't feel like a new year. Sort of a drag on from last year.

Oh well.

Anyway,

Another shout out.

THANK YOU IKRAM AND ELISA!!!
For that spanking-awesome cocktail book that you got me for Christmas!!!
When we go to Reading, I promise you, I'll make a "virgin cocktail" for you both to drink; which has the same taste with the original cocktails, minus the alcohol.
At the mo, it's a lil hard to get certain stuff. Like pina colada juice (pineapple and coconut juice) and real cranberry juice.
p/s: I like the new Tort lecturer. He is crappy in the intellectual way. (I know that doesn't make sense) Oh, and I'm using this blog to "practise my writing skills". =D

No comments: