Lil B here. It's not such a sunny day down in my lethal legal sphere where daggers are hidden, looks are deceiving, words are bent to the untruth, and expressions can hardly be deciphered. You think your life is a funfair circus? Wait till you shake a hand with invisible needles, brittle piecemeal alliances, and unrepentant bitchings which threaten to ruin the one's reputation.

Sunday, June 14, 2009

BimBo 'N' LaLa

Every single time I click on the New Post link, my mind just goes blank.

Oh well. I think it's probably the allergic reaction to anymore writing ever since the final examinations were over.

Just a quick update on what has been going on in my life lately.

1. I almost died.
Yes, on my cousin's wedding dinner day. Mom lectured us on the taboo of wearing a black dress at a wedding dinner. Consequently, my sis and I were forced into wearing two identical floral dresses which colours are so striking it sticks out like a sunflower in a bed of white lilies.

What made things worse was when we were asked to wear a flower on our wrist since we're helping out with the welcoming of the guests. Oh, did I mention that we both had similar make-ups too??

At 7.40 pm, we decided to drive home to change. Well, when you have a bunch of car keys in your hands and you're in a desperate need of a change of clothes, you nick that car and you speed away.

A nick in time saves eyes.

And speed I did. I sped so fast that I didn't see those damn plastic dividers and I had to do a sharp left-turn to avoid it. The next thing I knew was I heard screeching noises and my car was going left and right. The amazing thing was, I wasn't afraid at all [and all the other cars were 15 feet behind with noone at the side]. I felt no fear, instead, I just turned the wheel left and right to slowly make it move in a straight line. Sis said that the car actually floated in the air for a while and she thought we were gonna turn turtle. Thank God, we were saved by His intervention and nothing happened to us. Sis said she felt a force pushing the car back on all four wheels [Jean complained that I freaked her out with ghost stories in the middle of an afternoon when I told her this. But it's true!!! I heard a loud thud!].

Oh well, if we were to turn turtle, it would have been a very costly price to pay for VANITY.

And, if the sister did not shout out the divider to me, I would have driven up the divider and turned turtle. [That, was how fast I drove.Yes, thank you for your stares and bewildered, gaping mouth. I hope a fly flies into your cavernous mouth.]

But neither of that happened, so, I am grateful to God and my sister.

We never told anyone at the wedding about it. We made it back on time so no one noticed anything amissed except the fact that we looked stunning.

2. I was bathed with wine.
During the wedding dinner, well, my mom and sis had a glass too many to drink. It's not like they're very good in holding their drink. But still, they went ahead to knock themselves out with wine.

And they knocked both glasses of my wine down on me. The tipsy sister took her own food and for some reason, her hand moved a lil too far to the right and knocked one of my glasses down. One Glass Down. I sighed with relief when it wasn't the other glass which was the semi-sweet wine which I ABSOLUTELY ABSOLUTELY love. But that relieve was quickly stripped off my functioning brains when the tipsy mom, who took food for me, led her chopstick and spoon a lil too low and knocked my SWEET WINE over!!! [AND THAT WAS THE LAST GLASS OF SWEET WINE FOR THAT NIGHT BECAUSE AFTER THAT THEY RAN OUT OF THAT WINE!!!!! NOOOOOOO!!!!!!!]

And this time, that glass of wine was exactly in the centre of my being. She bathed my Ted Baker bag, she bathed my dress, and she painted the white table cloth crimson red. I quickly scurried towards the ladies' to get my bag cleaned [which took about 5 rounds of constant wiping with a damp cloth to get the smell of red wine off, and thank God I dumped some tissue paper on top of everything and the wine spilled on the tissue paper and not on the interior cloth].

I had to down [into my esophagus] 2 more glasses of wine at a go before I went back into the ballroom. My mom, on the other hand, was still living in bliss and happily [with her rosy cheeks; no she doesn't need blushers] ate her prawns and refilled my wine. Gah.

3. I'm working harder than Miranda Prisley's Personal Assistants [of The Devil Wears Prada]
I have to change the entire layout for the newsletter [which I haven't started but I have quite a lot of ideas; just need to execute it] and I'm only starting tomorrow. Sorry, I couldn't bear to bring myself to work on the weekend of my birthday. =D

Oh, and the bomb which annihilated Nagasaki and Hiroshima was dropped on me when I was told that the 1st Draft for the memorials of the moot is on the 22nd of June. May God bless my soul and lead me through this phase.

4. Bimbo N Lala
I was not awaken by the usual droning sound of the superdrill next door or my sister's crazy birthday song jingles [which is sung to me every year in the wee hours of the morning]. Instead, I was rudely disturbed from the bliss of my sleep by this:

"DEBBLE!!!! I CAN'T TAKE MY CONTACT LENS OFF!!! IT'S STUCKED ON MY EYEBALLS LIKE VACUUM!!!!"

Because of that, my mom and I had to crawl out of bed to get her to her office first so that her colleague can stand in for her for the court mention and after that send her to the eye hospital.

And it turned out......

There was no contact lens on her eyeball. But she scratched her cornea. That was the cause of her pain and pressure.

My mom started lecturing us on so many random things that it makes you literally say:

"LalalalalaLalalalala"

It was irritating. At one point, my sis and I were both singing Ashlee Simpson's Outta My Head.

And later, when we got home, mom stepped on the contact lens.

I got so pissed off with the both of them that I decided to call them [my sis and my mom] Bimbo and Lala for the day [and only that day].

It's actually from a designer clothing line called Bimba & Lola.

5. I got a new bag!!!
Yes, you're reading this correctly. I do admit that I am obsessed with bags and shoes. But mommy said no more shoes and she didn't allow me to buy a purple handbag. But I want a purple handbag so badly!!! A nice, striking purple handbag; semi-large. I've got yellow, I've got turqoise green, why can't I have a purple? I wanted a peach colour too from Raoul but mommy complained that it will get dirty.

Oh well, it's back to boring black and brown leather bags. I hate semi-leather bags [because after 3 months it will start shedding its skin].

Oooh, on a side note, I'm dying to get to London to buy more Clarks, boots, and Faith shoes!!!!! If I can, I wanna fly there now for the Europe summer sales. And grab all the Zara that I want until I see stars.

Also, I wanna watch the Wimbledon Open. But I can't!! Because I've gotta go for the moot. And prepare for it. Sigh. [I heard that Nadal might be playing??]

Ah, I'd better stop now before I sound like a Bimbo and Lala.

No comments: